Toward the future based on the past
In 17 Years of our company history, the company name mas- maritime assembly systems GmbH was representative for our product portfolio.
With our initial primary orientation in the maritime business, we provided a contribution to the use of functional modules in shipbuilding. We continually expanded our line of systems such that we could ultimately provide all systems necessary for the motors in the periphery of large motors.
We carried over this know-how to land-based power plants in cooperation with the motor manufacturers.
Thus, a gradual parallelism of the sales figures in shipbuilding and power plants developed.
Taking global influences and volatile markets into account, it was necessary to continually further develop ourselves based on our past.
This should be expressed with the renaming of mas- maritime assembly systems GmbH to GenSys GmbH and the associated product policy.
With the name, GenSys, we will live up to our beginnings in the shipbuilding industry in the future as well.
With the new establishment of mas- maritime assembly systems GmbH, production was started in February 1997 in Wismar on a production area of the former MTW Werft, now MV-Werften.
- 1999Construction of the first production hall and office building
- 2003Distribution and sales office in Shanghai
- 2004Acquisition of existing production and office buildings opposite the existing new building
- 2005Joint venture in China for the production of fuel modules
- 2007Expansion of the first production and office space
- 2007Reduction of the company shares on the Chinese joint venture
- 2008Establishment of mas- maritime assembly systems (Kunshan) Co, Ltd, as 100 % subsidiary of mas GmbH
- 2009Distribution in Speicherstadt (Hamburg)
- 2012Establishment of pgs- power generation systems Pte Ltd in Singapore, as 100 % subsidiary of mas GmbH
- 2014Close of production in China and concentration on service provisioning and orientation to distribution in the sense of the group
- 2014Renaming of the company in Germany, Singapore, and China to “GenSys”
- 2014Establishment of GenSys Ltd in Istanbul
- 202225th anniversary of the company
Several things drive us forward, but the essential thing is the enthusiasm of achieving set goals. Our know-how, wealth of ideas, and committed employees have significantly contributed to the positive development of the past few years.
We successfully rise to project-related challenges and market developments, demonstrate solidity in financial management, and remain flexible despite constant growth.
With the production of systems for shipbuilding and power plants, we consider operational safety and economic efficiency to be primary goals. We are familiar with the associated processes and align our systems with the needs of our customers. Through mutual cooperation with our customers, suppliers, and distribution partners, we rise to this responsibility and live it as well.